Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Weekend's Findings!

Holy crap what a lovely weekend!
After lunch on Sunday AFB and I did our normal "go through neighborhoods to get home" deal to see what we could find. Oh and find things we did. There was a whole pile of goodies outside of a home that was recently put on the market! Yay! Alas we were in his car which means we had very little room to get any back to the house, so off to swap cars!

Going down a street that's mostly shut down businesses... my scavenger sense started tingling. "Hey," I say to AFB. "We need to go behind those buildings." Like the Understanding Guy he is he hooked a right down an alley and circled behind. "Drive slower. Okay turn around. STOP." I hop out of the car, leaving my shoes behind (a normal thing for me) and hop-skip-jump over a ditch to grab the milk crate I had spotted... RIGHT ONTO A MILLION GIANT THORNS. Undaunted I take the steps needed taking to reach the crate, then the steps to get back to the car, triumphantly toss the crate in the back seat, verbally pat myself on the back, strike a heroic pose... Then fall into the car yelling curses and cradling my poor paws. Perhaps it says something about my daily behavior 'cause all I get is an eyebrow raise out of AFB. Until I hold up my foot, which looks like Steve Madden decided the next "new thing" is wearing porcupines for roller skates and I were the type of person to give two shits what Steve Madden says is "in."

Something about suffering for my art. Whatever. That shit hurt.

So since it's been windy and awful I haven't gotten to do much with the Things we found. I couldn't even lay them out for a picture; 'tis grand sadness. Here are a few of the things I could snap pictures of.


A DESK for my porch/workshop. I had mentioned wanting one and BAM. Got it. Also found that nifty metal basket to put Things in until I get to them. The large, bottom drawer is going to be turned into a wind-proof cat bed for AWOL so she has somewhere to hide/sleep/hang out.

I have been hunting some of these for an embarrassingly long time. I guess now was the time I was supposed to find them!

This organizer is actually a dreadful shade of 70's pea green but my flash did what it could to make it look cute. While I appreciate the effort, it needs work.

Things Not Pictured Yet

A plastic six bottle Coca Cola crate (found by AFB, who is in love with Coke stuff)
A wooden, roll top bread box
A smaller one of the green organizers (I just stuck that in the top drawer of my desk to put small things I find in)
Lots of random metal bits for sculptures
A cherry red, 70's Samsonite suitcase
Two sheets for spray painting on
One sheet that had cute flowers on it (fabric good for something)
Sweatshirts to make the cat bed out of
Random clothes that'll be good for fabric
A plastic tub
Two plastic shelf thingies like you put in a cabinet to add more space (which is what I did)
A giant flower pot

I'm sure I'm forgetting things but yeah, there ya have it. Good weekend. Except the thorns. Those thorns can kiss my ass.



No comments:

Post a Comment