Friday, February 22, 2013

So It Begins!

I have a problem.

I like stuff.

While this isn’t a problem to most people it is for me. I move a lot. I mean A LOT. In fact, I just did it last week! I was already tired of taking load after load of stuff to what ever new abode I’d be in so this time I didn’t. I weeded out everything to the point where everything I owned would fit in my little Plymouth Neon (his name is Thumper).
Well, except my books, which are being stored with my parents (thanks mom and dad!). Books don’t count.

So! Now that the majority of what I have here in Texas is either clothes, art, or craft supplies it came time to Get More Stuff!! YAY!!
....
...
..
.
Or was it?…

It aaaaaall started on Wednesday. I went to a field boarding the apartment complex I live at to look at plants and bugs and the like. Tromping through the field I come upon a bottle! Spiffy! I scoop it up! Wow! Treasure! Then I notice a piece of rusty old chain! Ohhh, I can do something with that! With me it comes! By the time I’d finished exploring I’d found many bottle piles, ancient trash piles and lone pieces just awaiting me. All held treasures. I had a nice little pile of Things That Were Coming Home With Me. So I think to myself…

Why Do I Buy Things When There’s All Of This Beautiful Trash?

The only answer I could come up with was “Because you’re silly.” So my mindset! It changes! I’ve always been a fan of The Law of Attraction and The Power of Intentions and all that but I rarely practiced. Time to practice!

(There are exceptions here such as groceries and whatnot)
Don’t Spend More Than $10 On Something Used
Don’t Spend More Than $5 on Something New
If You Can’t Find It You Probably Don’t Need It
If You Can Repurpose It Don’t Throw It Away
I’m gonna give it six months. We’ll see how this goes. I’m gonna use this to keep track of Treasures I Find, Things I Make, and Adventures I Have. Huzzah.

No comments:

Post a Comment