Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Spools of Happiness (And also Crafts)

The internet has been wonky. This is upsetting. Since AFB got off early on Monday we went down to the cable place to see what was up with that. I stayed outside to poke around the streets downtown to see what I could find. Behind a locked gate (psht, locks) at the cable company there was a PILE of those spools that wire comes on. I stare longingly and move on, as it's business hours and they have our address.

But wait! What's that?! A man unlocking the gate? I bound over, startling the poor guy, and ask about gettin' me some hot spool action. He says I may not can have any 'cause someone just asked about getting some and he wasn't sure how many they needed. I wilt. Then AFB jogs over with a "Hello sir, I'm the one who asked about the spools." YAY!! So I got spools. Three. One rather small one as we need a table for the tiny area between the couch and a walkway. We're currently using a box. This is unacceptable. In fact most of our tables are boxes. There's even a fish tank on a box.

So yesterday was spent cleaning the kitchen, spray painting Everything, and then crafting some Things. Fear my hot gluing skills.

Not pictured are the plastic filing thingies and green organizer from the previous post. Don't worry though, they got painted too.
Unfortunately those spools soak up paint like no body's business. I can see it now "Don't use Bounty or other big name paper towels! One wire spool will soak up all your family's messes and lasts a lifetime!" (Insert clip of a lady wiping up juice with a wire spool)

So this means you gotta wait to see the finished products of the Four Things pictured here. To tide you over, you can see the mad organizing I did with the plastic things and some milk crates!
 
Because this is what "organized" looks like to me. Belts are hanging on the far side.
Yes that would be a Jackalope, marmot, and possum. Made the Jackalope, the marmot is Charles Chester Buckingshire III, Esquire (Buckingshire for short), and the possum is Aplin (he came from the WORLD'S LARGEST CONVENIENCE STORE, right here in Texas).
Tiny cup is a yogurt cup I cleaned and painted purple. I needed something to put spare change in.




No comments:

Post a Comment